If you would like to submit a manuscript to The Journal of History and Cultures (JHAC), please ensure that you have read the following guidelines. Please note that, if relevant submission and formatting guidelines are not met, manuscripts will not be deemed eligible for publication.
Articles submitted to JHAC undergo a peer review process by senior postgraduate students and academic in the relevant field; where possible, we strive to maintain anonymity during the peer reviewing process. The reviewing process can take up to three months.
The final decision to publish rests with the editors. The editors reserve the right to reject a manuscript at any stage of the peer review process.
General Advice for Authors
- The target length for academic articles is 5,000 – 7,000 words and a maximum 1,000 for book reviews. The word count excludes bibliography and footnotes.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English .
- In the email to accompany your submission, please include all relevant contact information, including your name, the title of your manuscript, your professional or institutional affiliation and a permanent e-mail address. Please also include a brief biography. Should your paper be accepted, this will be displayed on the contributors’ page.
- All accepted submissions are subject to a ‘double-blind’ review. Because of this, the main text of any submission should exclude the name(s) of the author(s), affiliations, and any directly personal references.
- Please observe the editorial stylesheet when sending your manuscript for publication.
- Please submit articles and book reviews as electronic attachments (Word file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors are responsible for obtaining permission for any copyrighted material. They are liable for any costs this might entail.
On submission authors grant exclusive license to The Journal of History and Cultures/ The University of Birmingham.
Articles may be quoted, downloaded or printed freely for academic or non-profit-making purposes, providing due acknowledgment is made to authors or copyright holders.
For further information, contact: email@example.com